How to spot a Tsundere

  Hello people.  Today, I’m going to share with you a very informative post on how to spot a Tsundere.  Now if you are not aware of the term Tsundere, then allow me to explain.  Tsundere is derived from the words Tsun and Dere.  Tsun, in Japanese, means harsh or somewhat insensitive.  It’s kind of like if stridulous was used to describe a person.  Now Dere means love-struck or besotted.  So, what does that make?  AN EMOTIONAL MESS!!!  Honestly, that’s probably the best way I can describe this type of character.  A Tsundere is a type of character used to describe someone who comes off cold and emotionally unavailable, but on the inside, they are a sensitive cry baby.  Kind of reminds me of cancer if I’m being completely honest with you.  Just like cancer, there are 2 types of tsunderes.  The first type has its harsh state as their default emotion.  They are cold hearted, may be verbally or physically abusive, like punching and hitting a lot.  But they can get very embarrassed when they are complemented and stuff like that.  The other type of tsundere is the exact opposite of the one I just explained.  They may come off as nice and friendly, but don’t mess with them.  So why do I bring this up?  Well because according to someone I know, I’m a tsundere.  This person I also know is obsessed with figuring out if someone is a tsunderehemedere, yandere, you get the point.  And she also gave me the idea for this post as well, so let's get into it.    


                                                                            How To Spot a Tsundere

  • Are not honest.

When I say they aren't honest, I don't mean they are liars.  Tsundere's often times are too shy to admit they care for another person and like to make up excuses.  Many tsunderes may come off as they don't care and they don't exactly care if they do.  They can be too shy to tell someone they care about them or love them and they will do anything to make sure the person they love won't know that they do. 

Ex) "I didn't tutor you because I care about your grades you idiot, I just did it because you were paying me to do it."

  • Misunderstood.
One thing my friend says that classifies me as a tsundere is that I can be misunderstood and sometimes very difficult.  (I swear I'm not a difficult person to work with).  What I mean by this is that they can be very confusing sometimes since they don't like to openly talk about their feelings.  Of course, we all know that nothing good ever comes out of bottling up your emotions.  This can lead to revenge, pettiness, and passive aggressiveness that can be confusing to someone who doesn't understand the particular tsundere's emotions.  

Ex) Petty revenge and backstabbing you when you thought you guys where besties.

  • Emotional
Tsunderes can come off as rude and cold-hearted, but in reality, they are quite emotional.  Now, this goes with the earlier point of them being misunderstood as well.  Bottling up your emotions and telling yourself you aren't feeling a certain way can lead to a point where that bottle just bursts open. Someone who tries really hard not to show it, but ultimately does, has tsundere written all over it.  

Ex) Burst of anger or sadness out of nowhere, somebody opening up at their most vulnerable moments.



Comments

Popular Posts