Is 21 Pilots emo?




Now I would say that I have heard my fair share of heavy metal punk rock songs.  With that being said I listen to a   lot of pretty emo stuff.  Panic, Paramore, My favourite of them all Green day, Fall out boy and take it back a notch, I love me some MCR and etcetera.  With that being said I also listen to 21 pilots.  Now if you don’t know anything about 21 pilots or anything emo or around that area, then let me fill you in…There is a side saying that 21 pilots are borderline emo.  And the other half saying pretty much the opposite.  So what do I think?  I mean its pretty emo and every emo kid I know listens to 21 pilots, but there is something that makes it different from most emo songs I listen to especially.  So today I will be talking about why and why not 21 pilots is emo.


Reasons why it is emo
Lyrics- Listen to the lyrics, what it's telling you and the message of the whole songs.
Ride: I'd live for, and that's hard to do even harder to say when you know it's not true.  
Migraine: Cause sometimes death seems better than the migraine inside my head.
A car, a torch, a death: I saw him, torch in hand laid it out what he had planned, and then I said I’ll take the grave, please just send them all my way.
Search up 21 pilot lyrics and there are way more than just these 3.
Videos-  Have you seen their music videos.  Compared to music videos these days they are pretty different if I don’t say so myself.
Heavydirtysoul- Okay I just thought this should be a reason itself.  Heavydirtysoul...the song yeah.


Reasons why it isn’t emo
Genre- Sure the lyrics aren’t of what typical song are like, (money, fancy houses, cars) but it does have a bit of a pop in it.  There even is some rap as well.
Mainstream- Another reason why it isn’t really emo is that well you know….it's getting more mainstream.  (Do not take offence to this).  One thing about emo or rock music is that people who don’t listen to it...you know, don’t listen to it.  I know so many people at my school (technically old school since I’m going to middle school) who know and listen and love 21 pilots that aren’t weird and antisocial.

21 pilots are a great band and just keeps it real.  Their genre of music is so unique and is nice for everyone.  To those emo kids, or rap lovers, or just the people who listen to pop music and whatever comes on the radio then this band is really cool.

Well, that is it for today, if you want to subscribe so you can get email notifications of when I post it is on top of the screen, or if you follow me on google plus then you will get notified exactly when I post.  Well, that's it for today, have a great week and life see you on Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts