Cervena

 Hey guys.  So a few months back in my drama class, my friends and I performed this little play.  I really enjoyed creating it and acting it out, so I wanted to share the script here because I absolutely loved it.  It was one of the best scripts I had written, with the help of one of my other good friend.  Don't judge me, this is like one of the very few scripts I have written and am still learning much on it.  Constructive criticism is very much welcomed and I don't mind if you correct me on any grammar, punctuation, or spelling errors.   I will post scene 2 next week and scene 3 the week after (there are only 3 scenes) that so stay tuned. 😊 Also, anything inside the parenthesis is stage direction. 

Cervena

Cast list:
Cassie Alaire- Nevinny's friend
Nevinny Lyra Cervena- youngest daughter
Serenity Vega Cervena- Older daughter
Mirrir Cervena- mother
Levi Cervena- father

Scene 1 

Cassie and Nevinny walk down the hallway and chat amongst themselves.  

Cassie: That’s a nice rose (under her breath) 
(takes the rose and goes to sit down on the “Couch”) 

Serenity and Nevinny greet each other. 

(Mirrir walks over to the couch) 

Mirrir: Oh, sweetie, I’m going to need you to put that rose back 

Cassie: Why? It’s just a rose 

(Levi comes in) 

Levi: Go put that back right now (Snatches rose and put it back 

(Levi and Mirrir whisper to each other angrily while the other two sit down) 

Mirrir: So, any plans for tonight? 

Nevinny: Oh, is it okay of Cassie stays over tonight? 

Levi: Oh, I don’t think we prepared enough food 

Mirrir: Oh no, it's okay, she can stay over.  Uhm, why don’t we take about that, in the other room? (Mirrir takes Cassie to the other room) 

Levi: (to Serenity) Why do you read that stupid book, instead you should be joining us for some family time 

Serenity:  Huh?  I never knew fighting was considered family time (stands up and leaves) 

(In the kitchen) 

Mirrir: I heard about your little outburst problem 

Cassie: I-I don’t know what you're talking about (stuttering 

(In the living room) 

Nevinny: Really dad?  It’s just a book 

(In the kitchen) 

Mirrir: Stop lying, I’ve done some digging, you have IED.  My daughter doesn’t need to be hanging out with someone like you 

Cassie: I promise, it's not that bad, I haven’t had an outburst in a while and am really working hard on controlling them as 
much as I can 

(Serenity listens in to their conversation) 

Levi: She stays in the house just reading that silly book all-day 

Nevinny: It’s not a silly book, I heard Hamlet is actually pretty good 

Levi: Not you too 

Nevinny: Sorry, I just don’t see what the big deal is 

(Serenity notices Nevinny and Levi arguing and goes back to the living room) 

Serenity: I leave for 2 minutes and you guys are already arguing 

Levi: You're rubbing off on your sister, now you two stay here, I’m going to go talk to your mother (leaves and goes into the kitchen) 

(In the kitchen) 

Levi: What’s going on? 

MirrirWe were just discussing some important topics 

(In the living room) 

NevinnySo what exactly is Hamlet about? 

Serenity: Well, Hamlet is the Prince of Denmark, and the king, his father, recently died.  The thing is, his mother married his uncle about a month after his dad past away, and he’s kind of stuck their with them. 

(In the Kitchen) 

Levi: What topics? 

Mirrir: Levi, it’s fine, just leave it 

(In the Living Room) 

Nevinny: So, why do you like it? 

Serenity: It’s, in a way, relatable.  He’s stuck with his uncle and mother and knows somethings up, but he can’t exactly do anything about it just yet.  What's with all the questions? 

Nevinny: I’ve been meaning to read some Shakespeare.  Where do you think he gets his inspiration to create all his plays. 

Serenity: I don’t know, you’d have to ask him yourself.  It does feel like that though, doesn’t it?  Like he might’ve been in the situation and then decided to write a play about it one day. 

Nevinny: Or like an observer, he saw the situation happen and decided to write it based off of that particular situation 

Serenity: Yeah, like an audience, sort of.  Do you think someone will ever make a play based on our family? 

Nevinny: Why would someone make a play about us? 

Serenity: (chuckles) Your right.  It’s not like the Cervena family have some deep dark secrets they don’t want anyone to know about. (Looks towards past) 

Nevinny: (laughs) If only...... 

(In the kitchen) 

Levi: No, what are you hiding? Tell me 

Mirrir: (to Cassie) Will you excuse us for a bit 

(Cassie comes back to the living room and Mirrir and Levi have a hushed conversation) 

Cassie: I don’t think your parents like me that much 

Serenity: (Still reading her book) Don’t worry about it, they don’t like anyone, really 

Nevinny: Probably don’t even like us 

(Levi and Mirrir come back and sit down) 

Serenity says scene

Comments

Popular Posts